What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Importing RV-7, Toronto, Ontario Area, DAR needed

gciampa

Hey folks,

I am the process of importing an RV-7, ~200 hours, amateur built, complete log books, builder manuals, etc.

It appears we (seller and buyers) are stuck in the process, as the AOPA recommended finance folks will not escrow funds, without de-registering the airplane in O'Canada. And, naturally the sellers are reluctant to de-register the plane until funds are provided for escrow. Chicken and egg

We think the only feasible solution is to get a DAR to inspect the plane, so I can apply for a US experimental registration, already have a reserved N-number; Essentially, a C-N number swap

Therefore, looking for a DAR close to Western NY, near Hamilton, Ontario, that could help us navigate the process of inspection and registration of the N-number.

This would give buyer assurance that the plane can get a US registration and seller, knowing the funds could be made available via escrow.

If you know of a DAR in the area, please PM me, or send email directly to: first.last at gmail

Thanks so much for your advice, assistance.

Gary Ciampa

Back