What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inboard Tank Rib-Fuel Flange

So working on the Right tank on 18-04 and my right inboard tank rib only has one flange for the VA-141 fuel flange. I saw some other builder logs and those people had 2 locations-top and bottom on both tanks. It is my understanding that the top flange is for the fuel return if used.... at least for the left tank. For some reason I have a total of 5 VA-141 in my bag. 2 installed on left tank and now only 1 for the right tank. Thoughts? Any one else have the same?

So working on the Right tank on 18-04 and my right inboard tank rib only has one flange for the VA-141 fuel flange. I saw some other builder logs and those people had 2 locations-top and bottom on both tanks. It is my understanding that the top flange is for the fuel return if used.... at least for the left tank. For some reason I have a total of 5 VA-141 in my bag. 2 installed on left tank and now only 1 for the right tank. Thoughts? Any one else have the same?

Todd,

My packing list has four VA-141 flanges listed, and I installed two per fuel tank.

_Alex

Yes. My inventory sheet shows 4 as well. They were kind enough to give me 5. Like previously mentioned, I installed 2 on the left side but Vans fabricated the right side provisioning only one. This is my pickle. On the wing install it shows that top location as capped off and not used. Nevertheless I?m pressing on as it looks like it?s not used.

Flanges

I installed 2 flanges per tank. The holes for the upper flange must all be drilled. Like you, I am not sure why the upper hole is needed unless you were planning to install a fuel return line. The only other thing that I could see using it for is as an access hole to look inside the tank with a borescope if that was ever desired. I don?t think you?ll have any issues if you didn?t install it though.

Back