VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-04-2018, 02:37 AM

Default Christen wobble pump ??

My -4 (150 hp carbureted) was originally built with only a Christen wobble pump with a L/R/off selector as part of the fuel system with a mechanical engine driven pump.....no Facet,or other brand electrical aux fuel pump.
I believe...for safety, I should add an elec pump. The wobble pump and panel mounted primer work well for starting the engine.
Which brand of pump should I buy/install ?
Iíd appreciate someone sending me an exploded view diagram of how itís put together. I would like to keep the wobble pump/fuel selector as a part of the system, but feel that I need an elec boost pump in the mix for t o/landing etc.
All comments/posts to this thread are appreciated. Thx, MB
Old 07-04-2018, 07:27 AM

The Facet just goes in series in the fuel line:

Tank>selector>Facet>engine driven pump>carb

If you're adding the Facet, the only reason to keep the wobble pump is if you want belt, suspenders, and a 2nd pair of suspenders. :-) If you do want that, then just insert the Facet in the line somewhere on the cold side of the firewall, after the selector.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:45 AM

Default Wobble pump ?

The primary reason Iíd like to keep the wobble is that the fuel selector (L/R/Off) is integral/part of the pump....works good, and Iíll not have to buy a selector valve. I only have to add the Facet plus connectors.....unless for weight savings at 3#, I should remove the wobble. As you stated.....donít need suspenders when wearing a belt.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:41 PM

Default Wobble Pump

The Pitts S1S was certified with the old Bonanza style wobble pump. No need for an electric pump. In the rare event that the engine driven pump fails the wobble pump will keep the engine running for as long as you want to keep wobbling. I consider the wobble pump far superior to the Facet pumps.