VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-11-2018, 05:01 AM

Default Whirlwind Aviation Website

Is it just me here in Canada that cannot access the website, or is whirlwind aviation's server down all the time. I'm looking to order a prop and this is making it very difficult.
Jackz
Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 AM

If you are talking about this Whirl Wind, I didn't have any problems.

http://www.whirlwindaviation.com/index.asp
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Old 07-11-2018, 06:00 AM

Default Whirlwind aviation site

I'm in ontario, ottawa area, and able to see the website no problem.
When my setup has a hissyfit and won't access, a restart usually fixes.

Dale
Old 07-11-2018, 05:15 PM

I couldnít access with my iPad, my home computer on Linux or my buddies iPad at the hangar. But itís working now on all three!!!

No idea what the issue is or was. Itís all good now to spend a bag of cash:-(

Jackz
Old 07-12-2018, 09:30 PM

Don't be surprised if their lead times get stretched out. It happened to me; fortunately it wasn't an issue and they were very courteous about it. Looking forward to mounting my 200RV prop this summer.
RV-8 #83507 - empennage complete (except fiberglass)
QB wings & fuselage work continues
N657AR reserved
Builder websites:
http://goatflieg.blogspot.com/
http://www.mykitlog.com/goatflieg/
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/goatflieg
Dues paid for 2018... extra payment included for psychological therapeutic services rendered.

Have you ever gotten the feeling you were smarter than you could ever prove?
Old 07-13-2018, 08:10 AM

When I ordered my 200RV on June 8, I was told it would take 8 weeks before they could ship it to me. Their website now says 8-12 weeks. They estimate my shipping date now about August 24 which makes it about 11 weeks, so plan accordingly. I’m flying my new RV8 with a borrowed Hartzell blended airfoil prop, so I’ll have a direct comparison with differences when I get the Whirlwind installed.

The young lady at Whirlwind invited me to come up and take a tour, which I may do since it’s only a little over an hour away in an RV8. Probably not worth the hastle with customs for you coming from Canada, but it’s not far away.
RV-14 Wings - sold 2014
RV4 - Sold
Cessna 182RG - flying
New RV8 - Finished and flying 4/26/18
Cincinnati, OH/KHAO
Old 07-13-2018, 08:49 AM

Default A bit more than 12 weeks for me

I placed my deposit mid-September 2017 and received the completed prop mid-April 2018 (~7 months). Original estimate was 10-12 weeks. They were never hard to reach and always courteous, but I did not get any pro-active communication when there were delays. I am still very happy with my decision to go with WW, but I would definitely recommend staying in close communication with them and take the lead time estimates with a LARGE grain of salt.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hersha View Post
When I ordered my 200RV on June 8, I was told it would take 8 weeks before they could ship it to me. Their website now says 8-12 weeks. They estimate my shipping date now about August 24 which makes it about 11 weeks, so plan accordingly. Iím flying my new RV8 with a borrowed Hartzell blended airfoil prop, so Iíll have a direct comparison with differences when I get the Whirlwind installed.

The young lady at Whirlwind invited me to come up and take a tour, which I may do since itís only a little over an hour away in an RV8. Probably not worth the hastle with customs for you coming from Canada, but itís not far away.

if you go, give me a call and I'll join your for the tour. I'm happy with my prop.

Simplicity is the art in design.

see Amanda Melton for www.rvplasticparts.com
Old 07-13-2018, 12:24 PM

A friend of mine recently FINALLY received his new prop from Whirlwind. I think it took about 8 months. The original estimate was 2-3 months. They kept making assurances that it would be shipped next week or in 10 days or whatever, but it never happened. At one point they even sent him a picture of his completed blades ready to be assembled. It took an additional 2 months from that point to receive the prop.

Everybody seems to love the performance of the prop and they sure look good, but Iíd be hesitant to order one unless I could stand to wait 6+ months.
Longtime RV enthusiast
Old 07-13-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWoodard View Post
A friend of mine recently FINALLY received his new prop from Whirlwind. I think it took about 8 months. The original estimate was 2-3 months. They kept making assurances that it would be shipped next week or in 10 days or whatever, but it never happened. At one point they even sent him a picture of his completed blades ready to be assembled. It took an additional 2 months from that point to receive the prop.

Everybody seems to love the performance of the prop and they sure look good, but Iíd be hesitant to order one unless I could stand to wait 6+ months.
terrible way to do business.