What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Skyview is not showing my trim position

Nautique

My Skyview is not showing my trim position. All I see is a blank graph. My trim is working fine. I am just not seeing it on my Skyview screen.

I checked that all the wires are in the correct position in the plug at the control module. I see 5V in the Wht/Blu wire, ground in the Wht/Orn wire and 0 to 5 volts in the Wht/Grn (position wire). I have measured the voltage at the servo and the control module. Everything seems to be fine up to the module.

Do I have to program the Skyview to read it or do I have a problem somewhere?

I?m almost done and this has me stumped

The trim indicator should be on all 3 of your engine pages - the 100%, 50%, and 20%. Does the trim indicator actually show up on those pages and just not indicate the trim position with the green stripe, or is it totally absent? If absent read the skyview manual about adding widgets to the engine page.

Thanks Bill and Don. I can see the indicator but I did not calibrate it. I found the instructions in the manual. I'll run the procedure next weekend and see how it works

Trim calibrated but widget not moving...

I followed the setup calibration wizard for trim starting with trim down, resulting in a 5 volt reading (not sure I'm using correct terminology). Then I did the trim up step and SV said it was 5 volts which I presume is not what was expected because the wizard indicated that this was not kosher and did I want to proceed anyway? Yes, says I. Then it instructed me to set the trim to takeoff position. I did this and the wizard cogitated then completed its work saying the setup was successful.

The only problems were that the green line was set in the middle of the bar and the trim indicator did not move with the trim motor.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Scott,
The fact that there was no voltage change between the two positions means there is likely a problem with one of the 3 colored wire connections running aft to the servo. These three wires are used to sense the servo position via a potentiometer inside the servo. The 2 white wires drive the servo fwd and reverse.

By finishing the calibration with no change happening, it programmed the display to always show the same position (because it cant tell that it is moving).
You need to resolve the issue of no sense voltage change and then re-calibrate.

Skyview Trim Indicator

Scott,
The fact that there was no voltage change between the two positions means there is likely a problem with one of the 3 colored wire connections running aft to the servo. These three wires are used to sense the servo position via a potentiometer inside the servo. The 2 white wires drive the servo fwd and reverse.

By finishing the calibration with no change happening, it programmed the display to always show the same position (because it cant tell that it is moving).
You need to resolve the issue of no sense voltage change and then re-calibrate.

I checked the continuity of each of the wires coming from the trim servo and found the #4 Wht/Grn (position wire) disconnected from it's pin at the WH-00036. Nasty bit of business to replace that pin, but a whole better than needing to replace the wire from the SV to the servo.

Then to the recalibration! The results now show a difference in voltage between up and down trim. After establishing takeoff trim, the trim indicator bar was in the center of the range.

Slane

I received this info via mail (can't find the same info in the PAP) and used it to set the green line. During the first flight with 10USG and my weight (200lbs) the plane flew hands off.

2whj.png

Back