What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Passing of the Sun-N-Fun Ultralight announcer

Charles C

Well Known Member
Hello RV Family,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Vernon Peckham (My dad) passed away over the weekend. Most of you might know him from his many years as the Ultralight announcer, from Sun-N-Fun, Oshkosh and many other local/national fly-ins. He was also a big part in the Florida Flying Gators Airpark located in Central Florida, where I learned to fly as a kid. Please take the time to give him a moment of silence and thank of him on your flights as he is watching over all of us in the aviation/experimental community.

VAF_125%20Jul.%2025%2014.59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Deepest condolences.

Charles,

I'm very sorry to read of the passing of your father. Please know that you, your family and friends and the soul of the father are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do, just ask.

Deepest condolences,
Doug R.

I only went to SNF once, but I do remember listening to the announcer for the ultralights. I was really interested in them at the time and enjoyed watching and listening. It is hard to watch family and friends walk on. Our family will be offering prayers for you and your family.

RIP

Charles,
I have been to SNF several times and always enjoyed the Ultralight/light sport area. It is never easy to lose your Dad. Clearly he passed on his love of aviation to you so his spirit will live on for sure. He will surely be missed.
RIP Vernon.

Condolences

Sorry for the passing of your father. My father is 85 and I'm very lucky to be able to do things still with him. I know someday I'll be in the same place as you.

Just got back from Oshkosh. Spent a large part of Saturday at Ultralights and the announcer impressed me as being very knowledgable and friendly. I had a good time.

Very sorry for the loss of your father. I lost my dad in 2008 and think about him almost everyday. Both of my parents are buried at a military cemetery located about a mile off the departure end of 21 at Weltzien Skypark Airport, Wadsworth, Ohio. I get to see them often from about 1000 AGL.

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family...

SNF will never be the same...

Hello RV Family,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Vernon Peckham (My dad) passed away over the weekend. Most of you might know him from his many years as the Ultralight announcer, from Sun-N-Fun, Oshkosh and many other local/national fly-ins. He was also a big part in the Florida Flying Gators Airpark located in Central Florida, where I learned to fly as a kid. Please take the time to give him a moment of silence and thank of him on your flights as he is watching over all of us in the aviation/experimental community.

VAF_125%20Jul.%2025%2014.59.jpg

Charles,
I've been attending Sun N Fun since way back in the day (30+ yrs) when "Paradise City" was wall to wall campers, motor coaches and every possible ultralight aircraft imaginable. Some of my fondest memories of visits with my Dad took place there as well.

Despite the tides of change that altered the face of grassroots flying, one exceptional constant never wavered, that "distinct accent" of your Dad's voice booming over the PA system.

An Icon has passed on. He will be sorely missed...
Condolences and prayers for your family sir.

V/R
Smokey
Phil 4:13

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. He certainly made his mark on aviation and leaves lots of memories for lots of people!

Vic

Back