What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My first post.

mbishop

Well Known Member
I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and I figure now is the time to introduce myself.

I am just now finishing my pilot's exams and should have my plastic sometime in February.

I've been looking around and have gone through the (rent vs buy vs build) debate several times - endlessly it seems. I think I have settled on building my own RV. I've researched a few kits (not all of course). I am not just choosing an air frame - I'm choosing a community. That's probably why I also drive a Jeep.

I fly out of KTPF and would like to find a few others around here that I could talk to. I'm an Engineer (EE, firmware) by trade, which isn't a requirement for the 'I like to know how things are built', but it sure does motivate me. I know nothing about metal work and I would like to learn. I've seen numerous pictures on this site about what not to do and I don't want to be 'that guy'. I'd like to see people's shops, their tools setup, etc. I don't mind learning through experience, but proper planning/training is in there somewhere as well.

That's a pretty decent ramble for now.

Mark,

I live in Clearwater but just moved my RV-9A project to Zephyrhills (ZPH) to finish it up. You are welcome to come stop by any time I am there, just PM me.

I too was an EE (signal processing) but now I'm a fireman (go figure...)

Chris

Welcome!

I was an A&P before becoming a software engineer. Used to own a Jeep and always liked that other Jeep owners always wave. I also have a 1984 Corvette and they do the same. Now I need a boat :D

Welcome!

I was an A&P before becoming a software engineer. Used to own a Jeep and always liked that other Jeep owners always wave. I also have a 1984 Corvette and they do the same. Now I need a boat :D

I race sail boats out of Davis Island YC.
:D

How to post?

Long time pilot, long time certified aircraft owner, newbie to RV (just bought one to work on) and can't figure out how to post. You're new, how the heck did you figure it out?:)

Back