What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mixing JetGlo Instructions

cactusman

Well Known Member
Quick question for anyone who is an expert.

Doing my wheel pants - simple jetglo matterhorn white to start, but am having a hard time understanding the instructions for addition of thinner.

The chart shows a 100% of the 701 thinner....so does that mean I add an equal part of thinner (701) to the admix I just did above (i.e. 1:1 white and hardner)

So i.e. I have 1 quart of admix (paint plus hardener) do I then add 1 quart of thinner to the above?

Humidity will not be an issue when I go to shoot.

http://www.paintdocs.com/docs/webPDF.jsp?SITEID=SWAERO&prodno=U&doctype=PDS&lang=2

No, the 100% is for blending the different thinners for different temperatures.

This is the key sentence -

Reduce to desired application viscosity with approximately 10-
15% thinner.

So your qt. of admixed paint will need 3.2 oz. to 4.8 oz. of thinner.

If you are in the 70F to 80F range then just use the CM0110701 thinner straight with no blending.

Last edited:
If you are unfamiliar with Jet Glo then 10% reducer is a good place to start. As you gain experience with the paint you can adjust the amount to suit your tastes. The -701 reducer, medium temperature, works best in most conditions.

I agree with previous answers. In addition, I find if I increase the thinner amount on the final coat I get nice results. Of course have to be careful to avoid runs so don't over do it. Jetglo is "good paint".

Back