What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paying it forward....

rvbuilder2002

Legacy Member
Mentor
While helping out out with the TeenFlight 1 RV-12 condition inspection recently (it is two years old already... 185 hrs worth of fun and learning for teenagers), I overheard a conversation that just makes me smile inside.

A couple of the teens were giving a progress report on the RV-12 they were helping a local retired gentleman with (he was apparently apprehensive about starting in without some "experienced" help). They mentioned very matter of fact, that after 6 work sessions (approx. 3 hrs each I think) in the past couple weeks, both of the wings are ready for riveting on the skins.
Some of them are also involved with helping a TeenFlight mentor accelerate some progress on his languishing RV-8A project.
I know of a few of the TeenFlight 1 guys who work on a regular basis with a Physician (brain surgeon, actually) on an RV-9A project.

Just more evidence, that if we take the time to invest in young people, it can provide them with valuable life skills and ability's that can pay huge dividends for themselves, and may end up reaching much farther than we would ever imagine.

Just more evidence, that if we take the time to invest in young people, it can provide them with valuable life skills and ability's that can pay huge dividends for themselves, and may end up reaching much farther than we would ever imagine.

Scott, I Totally concur and have been trying to get our chapter interested in starting just such a venture.

A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, (RV I flew.. :) ...) what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child

Not sure who said it first, but very true ...

Spot on!

A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, (RV I flew.. :) ...) what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child

Not sure who said it first, but very true ...

Could not agree more. "He made a positive difference". If you can have that said about you, then, you've done alright.

Amen, brethren.

A hundred years from now, none of us will be here, and as my late Father used to say, only the good that was done will last.

Neat story.

Best,

Back