What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A little advice needed - How to test Skyview Cooling Fans

Chopkins

Seasons greetings to all.

I fitted my avionics in the summer and briefly tested to see that all was working correctly. Even though it was hot on the day I tested them, the auxiliary fans on the avionics shelf never fired up. The one on the Back of the Skyview fires up every time I switch it on.

I'm about to seal the avionics bay and want to be sure that the fans will fire up if the Skyview gets a little warm. Is there a way of me getting the Skyview to trigger the fans so that I know they will work if the bay gets a little warm?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anthony
G-RVTW

The fans on the shelf are powered with the fuel pump circuit, so if you had the fuel pump fuse remove because the fuel system was dry, the fans would not have been operating.

These fans are on the same fuse as the aux fuel pump located near and under the fuel tank. Did you by any chance have the Aux fuel pump fuse pulled to prevent the pump from running with out any fuel in it.;)

Like Minds think alike!:D

Thanks both. Much appreciated. I had left the pump fuse out as I didn't want it to run dry. I'll isolate it tomorrow and check the fans.

Hopefully I will get this bird into the air by Easter!

Anthony

The fans on the Skyview itself are thermostatically controlled by the Skyview. They spin when initially powered up as a test. The SV does not control the fans in the panel base, they are supposed to run all the time.

Back