- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Driver View Post
On the inboard side of the AV5000 are some audio output volume adjustments. There are two EFIS? adjustments marked L and R. I adjusted these (Can't remember which way to turn) and can now hear the skyview audio clearly.
Think of them as volume valves and turn them counter clockwise to open further and increase the flow (Just like a water valve).

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 01-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Wow! I'm happy to hear this might be a possible 'fix' and am anxious to try it when I get to the hangar this weekend. THANKS!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:50 PM

That wont fix the intercom isolate problem. And weirdly, on mine some of the audio alerts are fine and loud (AOA beeping) and others are faint. I also intend to delve into the wiring on the intercom plug - figuring that will be the easiest place to solve the isolate issue rather than figuring out the av5000...
Old 01-20-2014, 10:35 PM

Default Skyview Audio Alerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_H View Post
That wont fix the intercom isolate problem. And weirdly, on mine some of the audio alerts are fine and loud (AOA beeping) and others are faint. I also intend to delve into the wiring on the intercom plug - figuring that will be the easiest place to solve the isolate issue rather than figuring out the av5000...
Bill, any updates on the Skyview audio alerts front?
Slane
Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 AM

No, not likely until March... Hoping someone else will tackle it!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:02 PM

My recently completed RV-12 E-LSA with SkyView has this same problem with too low audio alert volume. I can hear the alerts through my stereo ANR headphones, but no amount of my fiddling with the AV-5000A EFIS L & R pots and/or SkyView master volume control seems to boost the volume high enough to be clearly heard over the engine noise. Comm and intercom seem to work fine. Anyone out there figure out how to make the alerts volume louder?
EAA #23982 - EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor; CFI - A&I
RV-12 E-LSA #120496 (SV w/ AP and ADS-B) - N124DH flying since March 2014 - 680+ hours (as of Oct 2018)!
VAF donation through June 2019.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:23 PM

Regarding Audio Warnings from Skyview, I can confirm that, with the conversion harness, I get them. In my first hours of flight, something funny happened about these warnings. Whenever I was coming back into the pattern, I had the lady telling me "No Traffic", and I would be very impressed that she would know there was no traffic in the pattern as she was mostly right, my airport usually has little traffic around the pattern... Then I found out that Skyview provides traffic information through the transponder and the message meant simply that at pattern altitude there was no more traffic reception by the transponder!

Builder's name: Jean-Pierre Bernoux
Sport Pilot
Kit # 120395 N124BX
Flying as of 9/11/2013

Builder's Blog:http://vieilleburette.blogspot.com/
EAA 1114
Old 04-20-2014, 12:49 PM

I am about to dive into the intercom issue. Are the headphone plugs mounted in the plane stereo or mono? Don't want to take my wings off to check! The fuselage harness plans page only seems to show 2 wires, implying mono since the jack is not grounded to the fuse there.

Note this from the Skyview manual... Latest installation manual version 10 rev Q page 4-20

"Audio Output
Audio Output Electrical Connections
Dynon recommends that SkyView’s audio outputs be connected to an unmuted input on your audio panel or intercom. When connected this way, critical audio alerts generated by SkyView are not muted by ATC transmissions or other audio events that could cause SkyView’s audio to be suppressed if it were connected to a muting input.

This output cannot be connected in parallel with a radio to a headset. Doing so will significantly reduce the volume of the radio output, possibly to the level that it is not usable. An intercom such as the SV-INTERCOM-2S, audio mixer, or audio panel is required to utilize this output."
Old 04-20-2014, 04:21 PM

Default Audio messages

I am a SV conversion harness builder. My SV gave audio alerts but they were so soft as to be inaudible while the motor is running. I revisited page 42D-30 and experimented with the potentiometer settings. I'm not done yet in finding the optimum settings, but I can definitely hear the warnings now, e.g. RPM warning, etc.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:25 PM

Does your intercom work properly in ISOLATE mode or does it cut YOU out instead?