What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Copper Buss

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
Is the copper buss between the master solenoid and master solenoid included in firewall fwd kit, or am I just overlooking it?

I took a few inches of 3/4" copper Type "L" plumber's pipe (the heavier one, vs type "M") and crushed in a hydraulic press. I bet you could bash it in to submission. Oh, and about .89 cents.

Last edited:
Purchase a 2" copper solder coupling. Cut off the width that you need. Cross cut it and roll it out.

Home Depot. A dollar. with scrap for three more.

In which sub-kit ...

I did get one length of the copper bus bar somewhere in my kits, but darned if I can recall which one. I'm wondering if it was in the fuse kit, since you end up installing the starter and master solenoids on the FW relatively early in the fuse construction.
For another use, I later ordered one of the brass buss bars from B&C. It was thinner and less "preferable" than the thicker copper one from Vans.

Van sells buss bar material, use two layers for high current such as master / starter solenoid link.

Buss Bar
Part Number = ES BUSS BAR-063X.5X12
Price = $3.85

I don't know if your going to order the wiring harness kit. I just unpacked mine and it included 2 copper buss bars.

Back