What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Basic Med and your Insurance policy

jestes

Hi All,

We have spoken to all the carrier?s and they are all on board with this new rule as long as pilots are meeting all the guidelines set into place by the FAA. There may be some circumstances where a carrier may still require an annual medical but those will be on a case by case basis. Also in the event of a claim the insurance companies will ask for the physicians statement and the online training certificate as required by the new rule.

If you have any questions contact us or your current broker.

Regards

Leah Ringeisen ([email protected])
Shanna Linton ([email protected])
Jennifer Cummins ([email protected])

Gallagher Aviation
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
(Formerly NationAir Aviation Insurance)
www.ajg.com/lightaircraft / www.ajg.com
Opinions and advice provided by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is not intended to be, and should not be construed to be, legal advice. Please direct any request for legal advice to your attorney.

Good information. Do you know if FBO's that rent aircraft, will still rent to pilots that are using BasicMed? Or will they require Class III minimum?
----------------------
Wayne
RV-9a 2017 Dues Paid

Wayne,

We do not handle any FBO's in this office so I cannot say for sure. However I would assume that as long as the pilot meets the basic medical guidelines that it would be ok but I would recommend anyone renting to check with the FBO they are renting from first and don't just assume.

Another reason why I'm very happy to be insured through NationAir...er...Gallagher!

:)

Dave

Last edited:
A friend just got his Basic Med through a local AME then found out his insurer doesn't acknowledge it and requires a third class medical to continue coverage on his Tomahawk.
I hope this is a rare event.

I believe it will be at least that is what the carriers have told me. Some companies will not accept the basic med for older pilots. Do you know what insurance company he is with?

I believe it will be at least that is what the carriers have told me. Some companies will not accept the basic med for older pilots. Do you know what insurance company he is with?

I'll see if I can find out who he is insured with. He is only early fifties and an active CFI.

Back