What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hope to be back to building before the end of summer...

Lemmingman

Well Known Member
In June of 2014 I packed away my tools into boxes and the boxes went into a storage unit along with my RV7 project. The family and I moved back to Texas into a rental house in McKinney. While here I didn't want to get the shop put together only to have to tear it apart again when we moved into more permanent digs. Since arriving I've been on somewhat of an airplane hibernation. Two months ago I came out of my den to find the local EAA Chapter, #1246. This club is great! Everyone I've talked to has been very inviting and so willing to help. Such a wonderful experience meeting these folks. But now its time to move again. Not very far...still in McKinney, but to a permanent location. We downsized our house, and that also meant downsizing my airplane factory. It will take some getting used to, I know, but I'll manage.
2015-04-12%252012.29.44.jpg

I've had them put in insulation in the walls and will get blown in insulation in the overhead. I had them add a 40A 220V circuit to one wall and a dedicated 20A 110V jack nearby. I'll be ready for any electrical situation.

Riveting == life.

Sounds like you're set up to commit some serious aviation building ... keep driving those rivets! I do, and I only have 110V to help me out!

Just remember, the 7's are the pick of the litter...

That pic brings back memories, I did R 30 in the cyling and drywall in my garage with insulated doors, so nice to work in during the winter when it is snowing and freezing.

The jury is out on the insulated doors. The garage faces north and wont get any direct sunshine. In Arkansas the sun shined on the door from dawn until about 1:30 or 2:00. They got REALLY HOT. I was able to cut the temperature of the garage simply by insulating the doors.

There was no question about the walls and ceiling, though. That upgrade will be worth every penny.

Back