What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got my study plans !

Wooo - hooo got something to read now between waypoints on the way over to Europe. Looking forward to learning some riveting at SNF. Seems like Brown's Tool has the best deal for a set of RV tools, unless you guys know of a better deal. Thinking I'm gonna go with the O-375 engine although that UL Power six cylinder engine looks quite interesting as well.

The best deals on tools are often here on VAF. I've found some good prices and wonderful service from The Yard. I've gotten both at the other dealers that advertise on VAF, too, and often one store has a particular tool that the others seem not to have.

Drill bits, though, seem to be good from Gen-Av-Hdwr.

Dave

Don't buy entirely on price, service also has value. Talk to each vendor while you are there and see which one you like best. They all have unique tools and you might like one more than the other.

Tools

Don't buy entirely on price, service also has value. Talk to each vendor while you are there and see which one you like best. They all have unique tools and you might like one more than the other.

Welcome Randy and thank you for your service
Agreed
I would buy a basic starter set then add the things you like from their respective sources.

Last edited:
Started with Avery

I started wit AVERY Tools. many years ago and the C dimpler works great today. You cant have enough clecoes but i stopped at a hundred of each the 1/6 and 1/8.

I have found use of my pneumatic rivet gun that i purchased on Ebay but beware Ebay is not what it used to be and many people willing to slough off stuff there now.

Organizer boxes of every description are needed to keep organized the hundreds of bolts, cotter pins, rivets etc. Essential to keeping this thing on track as the build progresses.

Aircraft Spruce have some good deals on occasion and account with them is essential here in Canada.

Good luck on the build

Back