What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Female Molex Pins- removal

salto

Well Known Member
Hi All, I put a female Molex pin in the wrong hole and I'm looking for some clues on how to remove it. Seems the molex pin removing tool I have only removes male pins.
Thanks

Molex sockets

For a smal task like that I'd just use a small jewellers screwdriver & gently push the locating tab in towards the hole - just bend them back out for re insertion. :)

Pin side not wire side

Having removed and reinstalled several molex pins I encourage you to watch the SteinAir videos first. Also with molex pins you use the extraction tool on the pin side of the molex plug and gently pull the wire side. Be sure you "feel" the extractor tool is around the little clips that stick out on the pin side. Radio Shack also sells pin extraction tools.

found this online ....worked for me and it beats paying $10 -$25 for a special tool...
---------------------------
"....take a 1/8 inch "mini" audio connector (the typical headphone connector) lop off around one of the little black seperator rings on the connector. this allows it to slide right over the outside of the female molex pins to quickly push the pins down without any trouble. This only works for the female pins but it aparently is pretty helpful and obviously cheap..."

Take a piece of card stock or thick paper, roll into a tube around the connector and push down. Pull on the wire end. If no wire has been crimped on, use needle nose. Takes some fiddling but gets the job done if you just have one or two to do.

Back