What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH 2013 Pictures and PIREPS

Night show

The night show was really awesome - you guys should do a mini fly-by with those lights over a random small town - but make sure you pre-warn 911 so that they are ready for all the UFO sighting phone calls!

The night show was really awesome - you guys should do a mini fly-by with those lights over a random small town - but make sure you pre-warn 911 so that they are ready for all the UFO sighting phone calls!

Been there, done that. We flew over a high school football game with a 10-ship formation. Had to circle the town several times before we were cleared in. When we landed we were told that the 911 switchboard was overloaded with calls about the UFO.

Here's one of the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOW00S8yjqc

We appreciate all the kind words from each of you that attended the show.
As a special request, go to the EAA website and tell them how much you love
Our show. Thanks in advance from the team

Team AeroDynamix aircraft lights?

Just curious... but what all types of special lights are your planes equipped with? Do you have a technical description posted anywhere?

Whatever rearward facing light you guys use makes the planes look like they have rocket engines, sometimes even giving a cone-like shape projecting into the smoke just like a real rocket exhaust nozzle would do.

Last edited:
Perfect spacing

Sorry I missed the show, but the picture does show amazingly perfect spacing for "amateurs."

What's a sequester???:D

Nice work gentlemen!

j7l2.jpg

The best Oshkosh lunch in town. Thanks tilted kilt. :eek:

Ok Turbo. Now you did it. Next year OSH for me ...... and I will bet Kim says the same thing:D

Just curious... but what all types of special lights are your planes equipped with? Do you have a technical description posted anywhere?

Whatever rearward facing light you guys use makes the planes look like they have rocket engines, sometimes even giving a cone-like shape projecting into the smoke just like a real rocket exhaust nozzle would do.

Those are Whelen 4-inch landing lights mounted facing rearward on the belly. We also have small Whelen LED lights on each wingtip which shine on the vertical stabilizer so we can more easily see each other.

For those of us that arrived on 36 around noon Sunday the 28th...

Jon caught the essence of the meteorological conditions at the time in the background of this pic...:p

x273th.jpg

The osh 13 experience is coming to an end tomorrow. I'll give a report this weekend after heading home in the morning from mentone IN gyro event. C92. The wx this year was unbelievable. Next year is in the planning now. You are all invited to spend your osh 14 in camp schouler with me. Gary, and anyone else. Pop out trailers are the plan. :cool:

stats

My Stats Oshkosh 2013

T67 Hicks airport, Fort Worth, TX to Plymouth, IN, C65, to Oshkosh, OSH,To Stafford, VA, KRNM
Back to Hicks T67 around some weather etc.

2798 NM
18.7 hours
164.3 Gallons 100LL
$934 gas $$
about $460 OSH Camping and two arm bands for the week

I wish I new how to get this RV8 0-360 A1A to get better gas mileage?

Last edited:
My Stats Oshkosh 2013

2798 NM
18.7 hours
164.3 Gallons 100LL
$934 gas $$
about $460 OSH Camping and two arm bands for Oshkosh

I wish I new how to get this RV8 0-360 A1A to get better gas mileage?

That comes out to about 17 MPG, I average about 19-21 MPG leaned a bit LOP or at Peak.

20 MPG would have been about 140 gal, 24 gal savings = $130 with little or no loss is speed.

Of course this is with my 7A which we all know is much slower than an RV8 :)

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to post a few photos from my 2013 Oshkosh trip. Click on the photo to enlarge

On the way up to Oshkosh Saturday July 27. Jerry Lawlor in his RV-8 is my wingman shown through the canopy. We were VFR on top for much of the first leg from Dallas (52F) to Skyhaven (KRCM), Missouri.

The Home Built Parking (HBP) area Friday Morning at 0900 from that noisy helicopter. We did this just to wake up Jay Pratt. :D

Dusty in the flesh (or sheet metal). He performed during the show.

The weather during the week was the best I've encountered in the dozen or so AirVentures I've been too. Too bad it wasn't better the previous weekend. I think that held a few people back.

Chris

OSH 2013

Here's OSH shots for the week from Seattle over to OSH and back: http://sdrv.ms/1cyNejL. I'm just not gutsy enough to start adding up the fuel costs! Normally I stay in Scholler, but this year I camped at the RV in HBC and had a great time..may have to do that again. Especially with Spotted Cow around the area!

at1i.jpg

image.jpg

cruizn along IFR 4,000.

image-1.jpg
niagra falls area

image-4.jpg
the view.

image-5.jpg
oh canada

image-8.jpg
not much fun!

image-12.jpg
lake winnebago from the south east, headed west to ripon.

after osh, beaver island visit, then mentone indiana for the 4 day gyro event the following week. best osh ever.

see you next year. :)

Here's OSH shots for the week from Seattle over to OSH and back: http://sdrv.ms/1cyNejL. I'm just not gutsy enough to start adding up the fuel costs! Normally I stay in Scholler, but this year I camped at the RV in HBC and had a great time..may have to do that again. Especially with Spotted Cow around the area!

Hi Jim great pictures how do you get that sharp colors in the p51? What lens you use?

Back