What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hello from Down under (oz)

mickdi68

My name is Mick and live in far north Queensland australia. In a city called Cairns. I am a licensed A&P and have just purchased a flying Rv-4 in need of some TLC . It has some firewall damage which has been repaired and is still in airworthy condition but I have a new firewall to replace it. I plan on refurbishing the whole aircraft so it will be better than new. Today I just completed my tailwheel endorsement and transition training in the Rv-4. Will fly it for a bit then take home to my shed and do the refurb. In the meantime I have to sell my Cherokee 180 as I am not allowed to have two planes. This is a very informative site and hope that I can contribute in some way down the track. Cheers Mick.

Mick,
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the RV4. I hope to be following you in getting some tail wheel training and an eventual endorsement. I am building a -7 and would like it to be tail wheel rather than tricycle.

Congrats on the -4. I have had mine for a year and absolutely love it. I'm in Oz myself at the moment. In the NT doing a bit of oil exploration. Looking forward to getting home and back in the -4 though :)

I have to sell my Cherokee 180 as I am not allowed to have two planes.

LOL, at least you get to keep the good one !
If you get down to SE Qld, drop me a line, im only to happy to have a chat with you.
I have a very good friend that has worked on all Vans models, so If you have any questions, he can help.

Welcome to VAF.

G'day mate, she'll be right.

With the advice here and the Aussie spirit you'll get that bird respectable.

Then it's your shout. ;)

Back