What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mitchell Tach

Sanch627

I?m going to be starting a 4 project and will be using a Lycoming O320 160 hp carbarated engine turning a wood prop , trying to figure out which Mitchell tach I should use, I?m old school and want just the basics no glass panel for me..any thoughts.

Chris

Works like a champ

Mitchell 2 1/4 with hour meter. 1900 hours. Lycoming O-320-D2J with carb and Catto fixed pitch prop. Had to repair it once when the hour meter failed. Mitchell turned it in 24 hours. Consider adding a manifold pressure gauge so you can determine power with your fixed pitch prop.

Cheers,

Vac

Last edited:
I’m old school and want just the basics no glass panel for me..any thoughts.

Chris

I have the 3 most important gauges you'll need if you're not going glass and you won't need a vacuum pump because they're electric. I just removed them last month from my RV8. They're also not generic, they're all name brand certified TSO'd and I'll give you a great deal for all 3 plus whatever else you might need from this list and I'll throw in some other things I haven't even listed for free:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=182376

Back