What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foreflight W&B question: Where does the landing Fuel Remaining come from?

snopercod

Well Known Member
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've read the Foreflight W&B manual and searched their FAQs with no joy. Prior to a flight, when I enter the fuel on board into the W&B page to calculate my W&B, somehow Foreflight calculates the "Landing Fuel Remaining". How do it know? :confused: I've entered my climb/cruise/descent fuel burns into my aircraft profile so Foreflight knows all that, but nowhere do I enter how long this particular flight will be or at what altitude. I first thought it might look at my latest "Flight Plan" to determine how much fuel would be burned, but if I change flight plans, the Fuel Remaining doesn't change in the W&B screen. Can anybody tell me how this works?

I might have mine set up different, but landing weight shows the same as TO weight in the text summary. But in the graph it shows TO WB and zero fuel WB

Weird. Mine shows Takeoff, Landing, and Zero Fuel weights (and balance) on the graph. OK, I found how to set it up at the Foreflight Support Center
How do I account for fuel burn within my Weight & Balance?

To enter fuel load and consumption information into your Weight & Balance (W&B) profile, open the profile and follow these steps:

1. Tap the LOAD button.

2. Tap on you FUEL TANK entry field.

3. From the pop-up, enter your starting fuel load in the FUEL TANKS section.

4. Enter your anticipated fuel consumption value in the IN-FLIGHT CONSUMPTION section.

5. Select the SAVE button in the pop-up to save those entries.​
So I guess you have to manually enter the calculated fuel quantity burned from your Flight Plan. It seems like Foreflight would have mentioned this in their documentation. The only reason that I care about this at all is that I recently discovered (after a bouncy landing) how much lower my approach speeds need to be when I have a light fuel load.

Thanks for answering...

Last edited:
Back