What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 650 to AFS 4500

wnplt

Well Known Member
Anybody know if a GTN 650 coupled to the AFS ARINC Converter and the AFS 4500 will display curved flight path, holding patterns and approaches on the AFS 4500 map screen?

Anybody know if a GTN 650 coupled to the AFS ARINC Converter and the AFS 4500 will display curved flight path, holding patterns and approaches on the AFS 4500 map screen?

I believe the answer is no, but I would recommend giving AFS a call to validate.

1. The SV-ARINC is running more feature rich code than the AFS-ARINC.
2. I?ve been told that to display holds on my 5500, I would need to upgrade to the SV-ARINC.
3. The SV-ARINC isn?t support on the 4500s.

The 4500 and 650 will fly holds and approaches, you just can?t see holds on the map. You can see them on the 650. If you have the AFS approach plate subscription, your position is overlaid on the approach plate just like the standard map.

I?m sure Rob will chime in if my statements aren?t accurate.

Thank you Bob. I did call AFS and they said yes but was really just talking to a Dynon support guy so not really sure if he knew for sure.. I suspect your right and it won?t show it. I was surprised on my 182 with an Aspen and a 750 the holds and procedure turns do show on the Aspen and that also uses arinc 429 data.

Slightly different....bt same

I have a two AFS5500, GTN650 and AF-ARINC and in this setup yes it does plot the paths. I am pre-SV network content and it works fine. :)

Don't know if that will help, but works for me.

Back