What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It appears I have sold my airplane.

Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
After much deliberation, I had determined it was time to sell my plane and free up some time and money for other things. Not sure if there is such a thing as being "over hobbied" but I'm close to being that and some things had to go.

I'd like to thank Doug and everyone on this site for the guidance and entertainment over the years. I have made a lot of friends here, some I've even met personally. :D

As a former plane builder and owner and pilot, I can tell you there is life after RV. I drifted away from flying slowly and morphed into a golfer and boat builder. I also got back into RC aircraft. This world has so many things to offer and I must pursue all my interests. Days, and life in general, are too short. Move on to the next dream. Have fun!!!

Roberta:):):)

Congrats and condolences indeed, Paul. Having recently sold "Smokey" to a new owner, I feel your pain. The RV community is, and has always been, GREAT! It's particularly tough this week, with Oshkosh going on, but with a house remodel in its closing stages, I couldn't have broken free now anyway.

Best of luck pursuing your next hobby ... :D

Good luck in whatever your next turn is Paul. I hope it includes continuing to paint airplanes, or whatever. Although we never met, our connection through the RV1 will bind all of us that where involved.

I've been there...

You're not the only one who has had to make that decision. I have had to as well. My wife has told me that I have to many hobbies:D. I recently sold my RV-9A to buy a kit car...a 1965 Cobra Shelby replica made by Hurricane Motorsports out of Lake City, IA. (Hurricane is owned by RV family folks). I do miss the plane, and I will probably build another one at some point in my life, but right now this is the hobby...

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_16.jpeg

You're not the only one who has had to make that decision. I have had to as well. My wife has told me that I have to many hobbies:D. I recently sold my RV-9A to buy a kit car...a 1965 Cobra Shelby replica made by Hurricane Motorsports out of Lake City, IA. (Hurricane is owned by RV family folks). I do miss the plane, and I will probably build another one at some point in my life, but right now this is the hobby...

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_16.jpeg

You'll love driving it.:D I built a factory five Cobra kit a few years back. Put a stroked 351 in it. You can't get enough of 525 HP on a 2300 lb car.

Larry

Paullie, congrats on the sale. I know it was bittersweet. I am glad to have helped you out!

I hope to see you soon and you always have a friend in me! Let me know when you need an RV fix and we will hook you up!

Hope to see you again soon!

Be well my friend!

:). CJ

Back