What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston area monthly lunch (January 2020)

N546RV

Well Known Member
Time to start another year of BSing over lunch. Let's hit up the Aviator's Grill at Hooks again, this Saturday (18th) at 11:30.

I think somebody wanted to get a look at my Flyleds landing lights (Bjorn maybe?), so hopefully I'll actually remember to bring them this time...

Bummer...

I'm going to be at a the EAA Sportair Workshop on RV building this weekend but I'd love to meet up with some other RV builders in the Houston area. You guys do this monthly? Can I tag along next time? :)

I'm in the preparatory stages (workshop, tools, skills) of an RV-12 build with the plan for the first kits to begin arriving in June.

Absolutely, the more new faces the better! Third Saturday of the month, every month. We used to alternate between Hooks and Weiser, but now that Weiser's gone I've just been doing Hooks. Next month or March I'd like to host at my hangar at Sport Flyers, but I said that last year too...

Like to be included

Live in Colorado but my nephew just moved to Houston. Will plan on February.

Not gonna make this one, my little boy has a basketball game that I need to go to. Maybe next time...

Lunch on saturday

With the weather looking pretty dismal will there be much of a turn out? Thinking of driving in from Bryan

Most of us locals end up driving in. Sounds like we should have at least 4-5 people, often there are some who don't respond here but still show up.

There will be door prizes !

Van's 2020 Calendar for the first 4 arrivals (but only if you didn't get one last month....).

Weather was great! I logged .5 of actual on my way to the RNAV 17 approach, and broke out at about 800'. Quit making excuses and start making approaches! :cool:

Back