What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pecan Plantation Fly-in

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Planning on attending the pecan plantation fly-in next Sat with some friends, never flown into that area so anything I should know. Coming from Tulsa.

Pecan Fly-In

Planning on attending the pecan plantation fly-in next Sat with some friends, never flown into that area so anything I should know. Coming from Tulsa.

No real problems, just stay to the west side of DFW's Class B and be aware of heavy jet traffic at 4,000 and below to the west side of Navy Ft Worth's Class D airspace (possibility of seeing F18s, F16s, & maybe even an F35!)

Pattern

We will most likely be using left 36 because of the expected cool front. If not right 18. Bring lots of friends. Come early. Usually busy.

This is always fun, and we have made it most of the past few years. Unfortunately, we have to head out west this weekend, so we won't make it this time, but I encourage anyone looking for a place to fly in/near Texas this weekend to check it out!

We will most likely be using left 36 because of the expected cool front. If not right 18. Bring lots of friends. Come early. Usually busy.
This is the one point I think needs more emphasis.

The pattern is WEST of the field regardless of the wind direction. 36 will be LEFT HAND traffic. 18 will be RIGHT HAND traffic. Be aware of this as last year when arriving for the fly-in while turning onto a RIGHT downwind to base for 18 there was a Bonanza driver on a LEFT downwind for 18 preparing to turn LEFT base.

Keep your head on a swivel and be wary of those Bonanza drivers!!

I'm currently in Pigeon Forge, TN for the Shades of the Past Hot Rod event - a different kind of horsepower fest :D Will miss you guys this year.

TODR

Back