What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sikaflex

I found them on their ecommerce site - search for sika. It was on page 2. Sika Cleaner/Aktivator 205 and Sike 209 Primer.

sika

good leads, lots of marine supply places seem to have a few varieties.
also:
these two are listed in Sika's 'find a distributor' section of their site.

K & D Pratt Limited
617 Windmill Road, P.O. Box 279
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3Y3

Stright-MacKay Ltd.
209 Terra Cotta Drive, P.O. Box 97
New Glasgow, NS B2H 5E1

they also list Home Depot etc....but I've seen only a couple of construction varieties there, huge tubes and sacks of post set.
I don't know if there's an equivalent of BC Fasteners...seems most provinces have one, they carry a fair bit of Sika...I'll bet if you order a box of 12 tubes they'll order in whatever you want.
good luck!

Ok, thanks for the info guys. One last question, how many tubes of the 295UV
would be required for an RV4 canopy?

Sika

Ok, thanks for the info guys. One last question, how many tubes of the 295UV
would be required for an RV4 canopy?

I don't know about a 4, but I used less than one tube for my 7 tipper for both the canopy and the rear window. I used 1/8" thick spacers between the framework and the plexiglass. Can't imagine a 4 requiring any more Sika than that. Both cleaner and primer used less than 1/2 a can each. Still solid after 195 hrs and 15 months.

Don't purchase until you are ready as they only give you about a 9 month shelf life. I have also seen it sold on Amazon.

Al

check the expiration dates

I agree about buying from Noahs

BUT

check the expiration date on everything. I didn't and found my primer was at expiration when I did the canopy last week. I had purchased just a month prior.

Cheers.

Back