Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansLab View Post
This whole panel (ex Trig) cost me about $ 6K. You do have to find yourself a way to add wiring, though, but ain't that what homebuilding is all about: learning and gaining and enjoying? There are tons of documentation out there to help you out. I know some people are fond of plug and play - I myself prefer knowing why and how it works.

Wait a minute. Two 10,4" panel plus radio for 6.000 USD (equals Euro with tax)? Best offer I have seen on a new MGL Challenger 10,4" lite is 3250Euro. Can you please PM me you source? What about Compass and RDAC modules?

Plug and play wires are a great way to save much time. But like yourself, I enjoyed wiring my own MGL stuff on the last built. It is good explained in the various manuals and forums. My plans for the RV-12 are to have just one 8,5" or 10,4" panel for engine / flying and a tablet as big as possible for navigation, flightpaning and trafic. But I dont see how I can fit a 13" ipad in portrait mode.
D-MDRV RV-12 #121128 enpenage kit
Donation made til August2109
WTB HomebuiltHelp DVD's for RV-12

Last edited by Major-Tom : 01-20-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:27 AM

Wow! That is sweet!
Old 01-20-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major-Tom View Post
My plans for the RV-12 are to have just one 8,5" or 10,4" panel for engine / flying and a tablet as big as possible for navigation, flightpaning and trafic. But I dont see how I can fit a 13" ipad in portrait mode.
I use a 10.5" iPad Pro, RAM mounted to the panel to the right of the radio stack. It occludes the passenger display and kinda its in their lap a bit but so far nobody has complained. Here's what my current setup looks like: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EtjfHoUVV9b3u4ut8
Old 01-20-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansLab View Post
" I'm interested in your parking brake install. Really clean and functional. Please advise as to which parking brake (by number please) and which company is the manufacture. "

Supplied by AircraftSpruce http://https://www.aircraftspruce.eu...king-valve.htm
Oh great idea. What's on the other end of the control cable? T-handle? And where'd you put it?
Old 01-21-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpemmons View Post
I use a 10.5" iPad Pro, RAM mounted to the panel to the right of the radio stack. It occludes the passenger display and kinda its in their lap a bit but so far nobody has complained. Here's what my current setup looks like: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EtjfHoUVV9b3u4ut8

Thanks for the picture. The tablet looks huge, when upright. But then this is preferred mode I guess.
D-MDRV RV-12 #121128 enpenage kit
Donation made til August2109
WTB HomebuiltHelp DVD's for RV-12
Old 01-24-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major-Tom View Post
Thanks for the picture. The tablet looks huge, when upright. But then this is preferred mode I guess.
Yeah it's pretty big. I started with a Mini but this is much easier to read; the screen on the Pro is much better in daylight and the increased size means I don't have to spend as much time trying to focus on what would otherwise be smaller details on the screen. That being said I wouldn't go much larger than the 10.5" if I could avoid it.