VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-25-2019, 06:45 AM

Thanks everyone, very helpful comments. I think Im going to order a 2 and a 1 with the 2 being used for permanent storage of the entire set and the 1 being used for the specific kit Im working on. Then when done it all gets archived in the 2 assuming they will all fit as Tony points out.
RV-8, first flight 2001 - sold
Old 01-25-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenft View Post
Does anyone know the manufacture and where to buy of the light blue binder used to hold the plans?
To answer the question asked by the OP ... Van's sells the binder for $11. The part number is Z0 Binder 11x17 Gray. I did try to find the binder covers locally and also on the Internet, but no joy ... so just ordered directly from Van's.

My RV-12 is completed and the cover was rather shabby looking so decided to pop for a new one from Van's.
Now Flying!!

Dues paid until September 2019
Old 01-26-2019, 07:11 AM

There is a different way for those that do not want to deal with an ANSI "B" size folder (11x17). The "B" size drawings can be folded in a manner that they properly fit in an "A" size (8.5x11) binder.

I did a google search to find a representative image of the proper fold. For the "B" size drawings of this conversation, 2 folds are needed. Step 1 and Step 2 in the linked image.
3 Hole punch the left edge and off you go. For working drawings, its good to run strip of scotch tape on the left edge before punching.

https://www.archtoolbox.com/represen...gedrawing.html

I imagine that I am not the only VAF member that spent many years in the long white sleeve shirt and tie engineering environment. How to format a drawing and then fold it such that all identification (title block etc) showed in a binder or file drawer was a required skill.
YIO-360-M1B, mags, CS, GRT EX and WS H1s & A/P, Navworx
Unpainted, polished....kinda'... Eyeballin' vinyl really hard.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:47 PM

Default binder

I found a 2" slant D-ring at Office Depot. It just fits the entire package of drawings. Slant ring format that opens on the side saves a lot of wear on the holes in the sheets.
RV-12 #120768, first flight Sept. 2016
180 hrs as of 1/1/2019
Old 01-27-2019, 02:06 PM

I made my own by tearing apart a cheap 8-1/2" x 11" binder and then riveting aluminum sheet with piano hinges and the d-ring from the small binder...

https://www.brunbergs.net/?p=133