What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wing tank attach bolts/washer/nut

exercise

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

I can't find what hardware(bolt, washer(s) nut) to use to secure the fuselage bracket and tank attach angle in the leading edge wing root. Where in the plans(paper or disc) would it show it? Torque?

RV8 tank attach bracket

Here's a clip from what I have on Drawing 43 to buy you a bit of time - I'd check with the factory to ensure that it's the same for the -4. You can get the preview plans from Van's on USB key for a few $.

TankAttachBracketDrawing.png

DWG 39.

R6, R7 and R8.

Also page 8-10 of the manual.

I don't think I've seen a torque spec, but not much -- should be able to relatively easily tear our of the slot in case of wing being pulled back in a crash.

Before manufacturing F-463 see http://gikonfuse.blogspot.com/ Thursday, February 15, 2007, F-463 completed and earlier.

Interesting that on the RV-8, F-463 does not attach to lower longeron. Would make it a lot easier and lower bolt/screw will be hidden by straight wing/fuselage fairing.

Finn

Hi Guys,

I can't find what hardware(bolt, washer(s) nut) to use to secure the fuselage bracket and tank attach angle in the leading edge wing root. Where in the plans(paper or disc) would it show it? Torque?

Last edited:
Back