What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3 elevator rigging?

Rdwrv4

Well Known Member
When determining the length of the short elevator push pull tube do I hold the stick and the reversing link vertical and make the tube fit that length or is there something I do not know?

Push tube length

I made sure the stick was centered and also that lever that both the big and small push tube connect to, I don't remember the name but I made sure that was centered, then I measured for the small control tube. That way you can adjust it some one way or another later. I never did have to adjust mine. Make sure just a little more than half of the threads are in the tube that way if the nut comes loose or you forget to tighten it the tube can not un-screw and fall off because the threads will bottom out of the other end before comming off. Safety...

RV3 rigging

Thx Robin my name is Robin too, my question is: is the reversering bar centered when it is vertical?

Robin, I don't remember where the reversing bellcrank sat when I set ours up - but as long as you have sufficient engagement on the rod end bearings and full travel on the elevator and stick, you'll be OK.

Back