What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NONAHM? - aerobatics video

groucho

Well Known Member
It's been roughly 6 months since I've posted a new flying video. Crime, I know. We had some great looking clouds here a couple weeks ago, so I just *had* to go flying & shoot some video.

You can download the video or watch it in your browser here: http://www.thedukes.org/rv/video.html

The song is "Spinning." It's one of Eric Strom's songs from his Daily Song adventure.

Enjoy!

Bryan,
Another BEAUTIFUL one, and we have the same looking clouds here today, so off to the airport to try and be as smooth as you. Also, looks like you have the inverted system in now. Nice vertical rolll
Bill McLean (willyeyeball)
RV-4

Also, looks like you have the inverted system in now.
Nope! BUT, some of the maneuvers in the video are very close to needing one. After lots of watching at oil & fuel pressure gauges, it looks like I can do long maneuvers down to about 0.5g without worrying about the engine staying lubed & fueled. For up lines, the oil pressure doesn't seem to fall off in the short time you can point up in the RV. There doesn't seem to be any problem with fuel either - although I run with my boost pump on during aerobatics. That should help regain fuel pressure if it dips during attitudes where the stock pickups aren't wet.

The clouds here were unreal that day. It's so rare that we have clouds at all, so it was great to see some that gave good texture to the sky.

Here are a couple video stills from the video:

nonahme_01.png

nonahme_02.png

Beautiful!

I loved it Groucho - very nice, as usual.

Oh...clouds? Come on down to the Gulf Coast for some real fun!

I'm still trying to edit some video we shot out at big bear a couple of weeks ago - wish I had the skill you do at putting these things together. We'll have to try and catch up with you the next time we are out!

Paul

Great vid as always. I like the picture-in-picture. Did I spy an "Acceleroto" t-shirt?

Groucho,

Every time I watch one of your most excellent videos I really question why I built a -9.

That is one of your best.

What a boring day you had... :D I had much more fun swimming in proseal while working on the fuel tanks.... :rolleyes:

Nice video... looking forward to the day...

Did I spy an "Acceleroto" t-shirt?
You did! "Acceleroto," once just the name of a flying video of mine, is now a successful little iPhone software company of mine. Although, now that I can get 100LL for $3.05/gal (love KTSP!), I'm not sure I *need* the extra income stream. It helps the pocket book, but hurts my time with the -6.

Ironflight- we do need to join up when you're in the neighborhood. Have Endeavor land out here so you have an excuse! I could teach you everything I know about video editing in about 10 minutes. It's not that tough - I just play by a couple rules that seem to work....hmmm....maybe I should write a post about that. Nahhhhhh.

WR- The 9's a great plane. Everything has its purpose. I happen to love my -6, but they're all great. I'm actually trying to figure out how to afford an Edge540, but I don't see that ever happening. One seat airplanes generally don't go over well with the wife. :D

Deven- It won't be 6 months for the next one. Promise! I like using independant musicians for the background music, so if anyone has a favorite band that wants access to 5000 or so pilots, send 'em my way! The first version of this was set to Daughtry's "Feels Like Tonight." I didn't see his copyright folks being to happy with me spreading his song around for free, so I spoke with Eric Strom & found a great (and fitting) song of his. Independent musicians are tough to find though, so spread the word!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to watch it. I love making these & it's great that people take the time to hit play. Next time, I promise to wipe the smudge off the tailcam before I take off. :cool:

Back