What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero 2015 : Europe meeting for RV people

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
We spent (me and my wife Katia) a couple of days @ Aero 2015, it's an unique opportunity to meet overseas RV friends here in Europe (Germany).

After one Sun n Fun (1997) and four Oshkosh (2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013) I realized that I've never had the opportunity to have a picture with Mr. VAN'S himself. That justify for me four hours driving through the Alps and a night in Lindau, Lake Constance (weather didn't let us to do 40 minutes flying).

I think Europe has an Experimental world growing and the presence of VansAircraft is really important.

I met Daryl from Vans and we spoke about formation flying risks and other interesting stuff about our airplanes; in the Van's Boot (that we used as meeting point) I met my long time cyber friend Chad Jensen; he let me see a great new product for our aircraft firewalls - seems that Vertical Power wants absolutely put us in the new century ....

Last but not least I met Bastien Leroux, yes is smaller than me ;), an enthusiastic guy from France: RV-8 builder and aerobatic competitor with the XtremeAir aircraft.

It was a great experience, I can't wait to see you again !

... and obviously my VAF hat were ON.

DSCN2351.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2353.jpg

DSCN2354.jpg

Last edited:
I was there as well. I was surprised to see just how tall Van really is in person. Also a very fine example of an RV-7 built by a German guy.

Luke,
I wish I had seen your post earlier. I was in Lastebasse Monday for lunch with our friends who own Taverna Clara. I would have loved meeting you. You live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I will be sure to get in touch before my next trip in a year or so. I would love to see your plane.
Chris

Back