What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel/baggage light questio

dreed

Well Known Member
Hi All- I have two dimmers (one for the baggage and one for panel) and I was planning on going with white only LED in both locations. I am now thinking I may want to have both green/White LED's, at least on the panel if not both locations.

For those more knowledgeable than I am on on wiring- is there an easy way to add toggle pre/post the dimmers pots that would allow me to switch colors vs. installing another set of pots? I'd be fine with one that would turn both from Green to white at the same time.

I have room the right of the two pots (right hand side of panel) for a toggle, or could use one of my spare rockers below the EFIS data card slots in the photo (right hand side). The holes above the card slots are the dimmers.

killing a bit of time while I wait for the new mount.

Any thoughts or input?

I am
80-small_afs_test_f56896dfcf67daee079ac4bda39f8b45d330de7f.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes it can be done. I am setting this up in my -7.

For your 2 colours you could use a double pole 2 position switch. Ill try & draw it for you when i get the chance. Mine is mounted after the dimmer pot circuit.

As above

Use a Double Pole double throw switch (with a centre off position if you want to kill the lights that way). You can wire both lights -ve back straight back to the ground on your dimmer, then wire your +12v through the dimmer to the switch, and the power leads to your different coloured lights onto different switch poles. When you put the switch up, one set of lights should turn on, and when you switch the other way the other set will light up. The dimmer ground is also connected to the battery -ve.

I literally did a test of the very same thing you're trying to do just a week or two ago, only I used the Red/White LED strip lights Van's sells.

Back