What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canadian Professional Pilot

David Z

Well Known Member
Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances, I find myself back on the job market.
I am a Canadian Commercial pilot with multi-engine instrument and float ratings. (For those familiar with the Canadian aviation booklets, my license says it "SMELS";)). I have a detail oriented mind, perfectionist in my flying and safety is always the #1 priority.
I have over 1000 hours, with experience in King Airs and Cessna float planes. I am looking for a First Officer position in a King Air or similar type. Seeking long term and stable employment.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Firefighting season is approaching as well. Conair... has big tankers and usually need seasonal right seaters. Good time building.

Wet coast?

BC air ambulance runs King airs here, and up north, and they seem to have a bit of turnover as guys advance to the regional carriers.
Purolator also runs Metros here, not that it looks like much fun.

good luck

I've got a coworker who used to work for First Air. He told me on Friday that they have been looking for an ATR-42 right seater to fly out of Yellowknife for over a month.

I am now employed in Northern Ontario flying Piper Navajos. Busy studying for my training. For those thinking about fuel flow, the POH says to lean to 27gph in climb, that's per engine too. Doesn't go much faster than an RV in cruise either.

These turbo Lycomings sure are complicated compared to the PT6s I used to fly on King Airs at my previous job. ;)

In the next couple months, I should be able to move my RV8 up here and continue the building. :D

Years ago I flew a PA31-350 in a 135 operation with winter trips to the UP of Michigan, I recall both Navajo?s in the fleet had a problem with ice forming in the breather tube. Short legs of 20 to 30 minutes were enough to nearly block the tube.
A long screwdriver proved to be very valuable to remove ice prior to flight.

Back