What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SCAM ALERT: OMT Chroming

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY -- Read the entire thread for details.

Hey guys been away for awhile but back.
Got a great deal on chroming your fiberglass spinners!
If your spinner has been already painted! NO PROBLEM!
I can still take care of it!

Here are my prices... If your spinner is already pained and no pin holes then price would be $250 Plus $20 shipping back.

If your spinner is just primed and need the pin holes filled your looking at $295 plus $20 shipping back.

ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON ANYTHING WE CHROME!

So if you have any fiberglass plastic metal we can do it!

I have added some pic of the things we have done to give you a better idea.

If your a company and need things done in qty we are here for you!!

Call me or text me anytime for prices on anything you need done!
Also you can see what work we do at my web site.

330-685-4722
M - F 10am - 8pm Est

Thanks guys for all your business you all have been great!!
THANK YOU!
Murray Anderson
owner

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Those look great. Can't wait to see if someone with a polished RV gets all of the composite parts chromed ...

Kudos to Murray.

I built some reflectors for my wingtips and was going to polish them. Then saw a post about chrome paint process. what the heck, might as well see how he does on something small and simple. WOW great job and easy to deal with.

RV-7build1108.jpg

except now my lens could use the scratches polished out.
RV-7build1107.jpg

caonpies, too?

Call me or text me anytime for prices on anything you need...

Some pilots may suffer male pattern baldness and don't have room in their bag for sunscreen or a hat. So it might be nice to have an area on the canopy, just above the pilot's head with some thin stripes of metal separated by even narrower clear areas, so you can still see out it for that Zero coming down at you....

Okay, mostly kidding, but can you put it on plexi? And how much to do all the fairings and cowl, including all seven fairings in the tail. Really just curious, probably couldn't afford it...

And the weight? Is it any more than paint? Maybe less?

I built some reflectors for my wingtips and was going to polish them. Then saw a post about chrome paint process. what the heck, might as well see how he does on something small and simple. WOW great job and easy to deal with.

Brian, those look fantastic! :cool:

I think we're going to have to steal your idea and redo the wingtip reflectors on the RV-8 now.

And how much to do all the fairings and cowl, including all seven fairings in the tail. Really just curious, probably couldn't afford it...

And the weight? Is it any more than paint? Maybe less?

Diddo-- Tail fairings and wing tips would be spectacular. :cool:

Coming up on doing my screwless spinner, then thinking of sending it to get chromed. Resurrecting this thread to ask...anyone have any recent experiences with OMT? Another thread had some indication of delays and perhaps substandard customer service, something I don't want to deal with here...

???

TIA

Steve

I had my steps "chromed" by them. They promised under 2 week turnaround time. Took 5 weeks to get them back and I had to threaten legal action for them to send them back. The work looked awful, some areas were dull, there were bumps and pits and it was peeling off as I tried to install them. I ended up stripping them back to bare metal with paint remover. It looked like it was nothing more than a Mylar foil type overlay. Not at all durable.

Thanks, guys...based on responses, looks like that's not an option. Too bad for them, I guess.

But thank *heavens* for this forum and the opportunity to get customer reviews on vendors *before* spending money (and time) and getting frustrated or angry (or ripped off completely).

Again, my suggestion for a "vendor rating" system or forum...I like the idea of Ebay-style ratings/comments (which also gives the vendor the opportunity to respond if they feel they are being unfairly maligned).

There sure are a lot of vendors I'd like to give positive feedback ratings to around here...

not sure about ratings

Doug is doing a fabulous job and we need him to remain focused on maintaining the relatively free form of communication we enjoy here.

Any rating system greatly complicates the hosting/advertising medium/potential litigation matrix.

The minute we start rating vendors we will attract third parties with no real interest in our projects. I'm thinking of activities such as Reputation Defender (tm)...

If you want to round up info from this forum regarding a particular vendor just do a google search for "acme aviation pyrotechnics" site:vansairforce.com

Vendor rating not needed

Much like "YELP" or the better business bureau, you can buy your way in and negative publicity will magically disappear.
Don't ever complain to the better business bureau, it caters to its members not to the consuming public.

As to OMT Chroming I was just about to send them my spinner but that one negative comment about peeling and dull spots makes me think I should just
paint it myself.
I would like to hear some comments about the durability of this type of
chroming (painting).

OMT Chroming

Does anyone know if OMT Chroming has re-opened yet? They have a part of mine I am trying to get back...

Vanished

Well, I checked out the under construction sign for One Magic Touch today and it seems to have vanished from the electronic universe...guess parts are trully gone...........

Sorry to hear this. It sucks that people can't even be honest enough to return parts when they're unable to complete the job. Just too many flakes in this world, ya know?

Anyone know of any other solutions for "chroming" plastic parts like spinners? Are there any other vendors out there who do this sort of work?

Looks like our friend Murray has been busy elswhere too:

{ed: BEWARE - the following site loaded Malware on some computers!}

ripoffreport.com/consumer-services/omt-chroming/omt-chroming-one-magic-touch-735cd.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator help

Can one of the moderators change the title of this thread by adding the words: SCAM ALERT ?

The first few posts don't alert anyone.

Be careful! When I clicked on the ripoffreport link in islandmonkey's post the site tried to install malware on my computer. Fortunately blocked by my antivirus program.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Be careful! When I clicked on the ripoffreport link in islandmonkey's post the site tried to install malware on my computer. Fortunately blocked by my antivirus program.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Hi Jim, Thanks for letting us know. I did that search at work earlier today. I am going to check with our Firewall team to see if there is anything else suspicious about that site.

DON'T GO TO RIPOFFREPORT---MALWARE WILL LOAD ON YOUR COMPUTER

Jim Berry
RV-10

So that's where it came from!! I couldn't remember the site I went to just before the malware loaded onto my computer here at work. My antivirus didn't catch it and it loaded immediately.

Maybe the link should be removed from this post.

So that's where it came from!! I couldn't remember the site I went to just before the malware loaded onto my computer here at work. My antivirus didn't catch it and it loaded immediately.

Maybe the link should be removed from this post.

Agreed-----and already removed.

Back