What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFP pump (New style) dog house / pump cover

Rick_A

Well Known Member
I'm starting to get serious about converting my O-360 to an AFP FM-200 system on my 7A.

I know that the new style AFP boost pump is much more compact than the old one that required a large dog house but I've not been able to find a picture of the AFP pump installed on the floor of an 7. The only pic I could find on VAF was an RV-10 installation

How big is the "dog house" for the new AFP pump? A picture would be greatly appreciated. Does any one have the Vans part number for the new style FI dog house (I could only find the old one).

Andair

Not sure if this the same pump. My pump, filter, and fuel selector are all mounted on this. It is bolted to the front of the spar.

Pic1

Pic2

Pump and doghouse

I'm starting to get serious about converting my O-360 to an AFP FM-200 system on my 7A.

I know that the new style AFP boost pump is much more compact than the old one that required a large dog house but I've not been able to find a picture of the AFP pump installed on the floor of an 7. The only pic I could find on VAF was an RV-10 installation

How big is the "dog house" for the new AFP pump? A picture would be greatly appreciated. Does any one have the Vans part number for the new style FI dog house (I could only find the old one).

Lots of photos on my blog, Finishing page. If you don't see what you want, shoot me a message and I will take a photo.

Thanks for the replies. The reason for my original question is that I was hoping that the new style AFP would allow for a low profile dog house. I really don't like the dog house forward of the fuel selector. It's tough enough working under the panel without the dog house.

I looks to me like there is no getting away from the dog house using the AFP (or similiar) pumps, even though mounting the Andair pump on the spar is interesting. I had not seen that arrangement before.

Right now I'm leaning towards using a Weldon 8120-G mounted on the cold side of the firewall even though it's double the cost of the AFP pump. In many repects, it would be the easiest pump to install.

As far as the FM-150 vs 200 question. I know I could use the 150 but I like the -200 because it has the purge line. I think the purge line is a big plus for hot starts during the summer in Texas, plus I already have a return line plumbed to one fuel tank.

Back