What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jeffco Epoxy

RobinHou

Well Known Member
I just realized Jeffco is significantly less expensive than West System. ACS 1 gl. Jeffco kit is only $85.50 vs. West 1.2 gl. kit at $137.95

Is there any reason not to use Jeffco?

Thanks in advance,

Robin

There is more to epoxy than the price - I looked at the JeffCo (Rhino Liner) TDS and it does not have a lot of information. Tensile strength, peal strength, Tg and others are important for various uses on the RV. Practical things like wet out and application ease are good for a nice finished product. It is hard for me to give a good answer.

But, I can say West has very good technical data and tech support. Easy to layup and has good wet out properties, reasonable Tg.

As an alternative, PTM&W is a California supplier of many resins. They have a full line of offerings and also have excellent support and tech data sheets. Aeropoxy is one of their lines that is available for our uses. I have used several PTM&W products and the West Systems. No experience with Jeffco, sorry.

Maybe Jeffco has more information and/or you could get some and let us know how it performs in your tests. Testing is fun. :D

FWIW, Lancair used to recommend Jeffco 1307/3102. My kit is so old that I used Safe-T-Poxy, which hasn't been available for years (decades?). These days I use E-Z Poxy which is advertised as the successor to Safe-T-Poxy. I used West Systems and micro balloons as filler.

Last edited:
I'm not an epoxy expert but my business is Boat building and working with different composites etc

West is a great company but there are several solid epoxy suppliers out there that in some cases are better than west and yes less money..

Back