What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL 88

Plummit

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed a GDL 88 with the G-900X flight deck? I'm looking to do this in the coming months. I'll also install the Flightstream 210 at the same time.

-Marc

I just installed mine. I have a harness for the FS210 but haven't bought it yet. I've powered up my avionics but haven't flown them yet. What is your question? FWIW I installed mine in tailcone to offset some weight.

I have done it. The G900X manual describes how to wire it. You need v18 or newer software I believe. Configuring it isn?t hard, but updating the software is a royal pain in the neck.

Thanks Jessie and Joe. Looks like I have it worked out and will do the upgrade in August. I currently have software 715.15 and I know I will need 715.18 but I'm gong to try to upgrade to .19. All the big shops want to charge several (at least 8) AMU's to do the upgrade.

-Marc

Garmin 718.19 with GDL88 and FS-210

Update: Well I loaded the 718.19 software but Garmin only provided me with the installation manual for 718.17. There seems to be some minor differences in what some operations show. I had a heck of a time getting the ADSB TX (out) to work, but finally found the cause for the error.

I still don't have the flightstream working, but maybe that's due to a failed data path message I have to resolve. There are some other things that stopped working (such as the canopy/Dr indication) that I have to resolve, but the biggest thing is I accidentally wiped the fuel tank calibration... That will be a fun one but what the heck... I'm getting pretty comfortable with the config menu but I do wish the manual was a little more specific about certain things.

More to follow.....

Back