All seems good
2 successful flights today testing the results of my fuel pressure investigation. I immediately found that the screen on my right side vent was pretty much blocked completely with the epoxy that I'd used to attach it. I had used a faucet aerator and it's a very fine mesh. I couldn't penetrate the face with a piece of 0.025 safety wire. I was reasonably confident that this was the source of my issue, but I went ahead and inspected other parts of the system. I drained the tank and had as much of a look as I could with my endoscope - couldn't see the actual pickup end. I had no debris come out when I drained it and I had no sign of anything that wasn't completely clean in what I saw of the inside of the tank. I pulled off the wing root fairing and slacked off the nut on the fuel line fitting. A fingernail test around the perimeter of the flare didn't reveal any anomalies and the seal appeared quite solid. I also pulled off the bottom of my Andair gasolator and found nothing deposited in the filter. I reassembled and used a cable tie to hold a bubble of window screen over the vent - I hope it stays in place.
I did have to reprime the system before I could get the engine started - that was simple enough, I just ran the boost pump to get good flow from both tanks and let it spill over. Started up just fine the next (this) morning. Managed 3 hours of air time today over 2 flights and the only thing I observed was expected roughness when my mixture wasn't right.
I still have a lot to learn about my plane and I'm just now getting to some of the meatier subjects like mixture and performance numbers. I'm having a blast and the plane is behaving quite well. I'm looking forward to a few extra knots once I get my gear fairings on, I'm not all that close to the book speeds but it's still faster than the Cessnas that I need to content with in the local circuit (pattern).
RV-9A #91081, C-GCPT
Dynon SkyView HDX, IO-320 and WW 200RV C/S. Flying as of August 6, 2018