What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone know of a site like Flightradar24 that does 978 UAT?

CubedRoot

Well Known Member
We have a 172K that has a Freeflight 978 UAT ADS-B out unit, and when we fly it, we always have the ADS-B out turned on. However, there are only a few times when it has shown up on flightradar24.com

https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/n79136

I don't think flightradar24 is doing 978 UAT tracking...yet. Does anyone know of a site that does do UAT tracking?

Flight Aware tracks me on every flight

Using UAT 978 out --- They notify me that I have been "spotted".

Ron

Any updates on this? Every once in a while on a local flight in FL I will get picked up sporadically. This weekend however I flew from FL to NC and back without ever being picked up by flightaware or any other site, except for a brief few minutes I was on a transponder code departing TPA. I have an echouat, and pass the FAA performance report without issue so I know it's working.

I like the idea of family being able to track me on those longer trips.

Chris

I actually tracked my plane up to NC and back on Flightradar 24 ( someone else flying) . It only has 978 UAT and seems to be on and off again on the tracking. I did up grade to the Gold service and use the filter for N number and it seem to work a bit more regular. Not sure if it shows up sqwkng 1200 or not. I have made several flights myself and not able to go back and get history in anyway using the Flightradar24 Gold service.

Back