What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft Bottom Skin

jswareiv

Well Known Member
No matter how hard I try to bend it or press it, I can't get it to conform to the tail well enough to get those last two clecos in. Has anyone else had this problem and any ideas of how to fix it?

11h41nl.jpg

Here you can see, even with all the other clecos in, how far off those two holes are.

2rwoznr.jpg

Not certain but

I think your skin needs to be underneath the forward skin.
I don't have the plans in front of me and it's been awhile but
ordinarily that skin would underlie the forward skin.

The skin is overlapping incorrectly

As the previous poster noted, skins overlap front to back so water in the slipstream and from top to bottom has a harder time gaining entrance.

Try removing the clekos and sliding the skin back 1-2 inches and sliding it under the forward bottom skin. It is a tough fit but it works.

I think I needed to use an awl to align the parts and then cleko.

I think your skin needs to be underneath the forward skin.
I don't have the plans in front of me and it's been awhile but
ordinarily that skin would underlie the forward skin.
As the previous poster noted, skins overlap front to back so water in the slipstream and from top to bottom has a harder time gaining entrance.

Try removing the clekos and sliding the skin back 1-2 inches and sliding it under the forward bottom skin. It is a tough fit but it works.

I think I needed to use an awl to align the parts and then cleko.

DUH!!! Why did I decide I should do this again? Thank you, yes, that is the issue.

Back