What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SERFI Fly In - Evergreen AL

f1rocket

Well Known Member
I haven't seen anything posted on this yet but I have been to the web site. I am planning to attend and wondered about other things to see and do in the area. The Southeast Regional Fly In is Friday, Oct 21 through Sunday Oct 23.

I think I'll come down Friday and stay through Sunday morning but then head out to visit or fly somewhere else in the region. I definitely need to hit Louisiana and Mississippi while I'm down that way so I can add them to my list of "Lower 48 States" visited. That should round out my year nicely.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Also feel free to chime in if you plan to attend as well.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Also feel free to chime in if you plan to attend as well.

Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola. Plan to spend all day.

Army Aviation Museum, Ft Rucker. Have not been there myself in a long time.

I'll probably fly into SERFI on Saturday for the day.

Randy, Quite a few from our EAA chapter like to go on Friday and camp. Not sure yet if we will camp this year or just show up for the day. The family really enjoys it and my bride has already mentioned it several times when making other plans so she has it on her radar ;)

30124778536_1545ecaf07_c.jpg

30075241351_3b9e929529_c.jpg

30045491772_06810da8c8_b.jpg

Pre-Post SERFI Activitie

Randy asked what to do Pre-Post SERFI fly. In addition to Dan's recommendations i suggest you fly to KDTS Destin FL and visit the sugar white sands of the Emerald Coast plus viist the USAF Airmament Museum located outside of Eglin AFB. DEFINITELY read the Part 93 airspace rules to fly VFR around and/or through Eglin's airspace into DTS. There's a North-South corridor from KCEW and a East-West corridor along the beach. The USAF controllers are very accommodating if there's not a mission on the range. The N-S corridor flies by Duke Field which is one of the Eglin Aux Fields where the Doolittle Raiders practiced and where some of 12 O'Clock High was filmed.
Cheers
George

Planning

We are planning on going. Will be there Friday thru Sunday! Great place to relax and relax and relax..........

Louisiana

If you get south don't miss the Weddell-Williams museum in Patterson. My friend Jim Clevenger built the replicas of the original racers, really nice exhibit.

Back