What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Expo

Anyone have a report on the RV-12 Expo? :cool:

32 of us finished the Rainbow Aviation ELSA Repairman Inspection course yesterday. The 1 day Rotax course by is today. The Expo officially starts tomorrow. However, there is a new RV-12 SLSA sitting right out side of the conference room right now.

Jim

Today was the 1 day Rotax course building on the Rotax info we got in the 2 day Repairman/Inspector course we took on Tues. and Wed. Great info! Makes me want to take the 15 day course that Rainbow offers.

Tomorrow is the 1/2 day Dynon Skyview class along with a bunch of others.

Jim

RV-12 expo

I was in the Skyview class this afternoon. Learned all the basic functions and some of the more advanced features, excellent practice. I now feel like I'll be able to operate the Skyview enough to learn all the features when I do install it. My wife and I have been enjoying our visit here at Sunriver and are looking forward to attending all the classes/discussions to come.

The folks from Synergy Air have done an outstanding job putting this Expo together. Today was very informative and valuable. This after the Rainbow Aviation folks did a great job yesterday with the Rotax class. I am looking forward to the sessions tomorrow and dinner with Van tomorrow night. I only wish I had been able to fly my plane out from Colorado. The weather today was great and tomorrow looks to be good as well.

Carl

The folks from Synergy Air have done an outstanding job putting this Expo together. Today was very informative and valuable. This after the Rainbow Aviation folks did a great job yesterday with the Rotax class. I am looking forward to the sessions tomorrow and dinner with Van tomorrow night. I only wish I had been able to fly my plane out from Colorado. The weather today was great and tomorrow looks to be good as well.

Carl

Ditto on the job Walley has done (Synergy Air) and his staff! Have meant many of the cool group (RV-12 builders/owners)... Got to fly 2 hours....what a cool airplane...first air time in 40years. Absolutely an easy craft to fly....Van's..you the man.

My wife got her 1st ride in an RV12 today and really enjoyed it. Lots of seminars and workshops with good info. The only problem is they run 2 workshops at a time making it impossible to attend them all.

We live in the Bremerton area of Wash. west of Seattle. Looking for a partner or partners interested in building, flying, and owning an RV-12.

Bob and Carol
360-874-1517
[email protected]

The Expo is over, and today was another day of seminars and workshops. This was the first RV-12 Expo and there were 150 registered guests.

The workshops were very informative - information overload!!!

I think I am convinced to build one.

Bob

Parked just outside the Expo meeting rooms... a factory fresh RV-12

Rumor only... but I did overhear that Synergy Air is preparing to manufacture 100 Factory RV-12s next year. Judging from the interest I saw at the Expo, it may not be enough to meet the demand!

IMG_0411_zpshcgopzsf.jpg

Thanks to the Synergy team for allowing Eagle's Nest Projects an opportunity to be a small part of this outstanding event!

Last edited:
Some teaser pics from the Friday evening formation photo shoot courtesy of Ed Hicks. Ed is one amazing photographer!

10321706_10152465140750272_976024465158007212_o.jpg

10497131_10152465139205272_8612191846737069596_o.jpg

Last edited:
Pix

Joe
Great shots!
I hope you are ready to write up the orders when folks see these!
Jim Frisbie
RV-9A 400 hrs.

Really, really, really COOL!

I'm printing them to hang around the office, workshop, ceiling...
Best motivator I've seen in a while!
Thanks Guys!

Finishing the Finish Kit loose ends, Avionics loose ends, hang the Engine (more loose ends I'm sure) and then haul the big pieces to my newly rented hangar space for final assembly and take care of some loose ends. Making this in the basement was handy in a lot of ways but requires some workarounds that leave a lot of...you guessed it...loose ends. Going to do a lot of careful inspection before arranging the DAR.

Still on a "high" from the RV-12 EXPO,

Dave

Beautiful Photos

Ed, Joe, Chris, et al: Fantastic photos. I think Synergy needs to make up a new postcard for the RV12. The calendar idea is great.

That photo of N251VA in the foreground with the teal aircraft on the wing is just exceptional.

Paul Lancaster

Teal paint scheme

One of the Synergy folks told me that the Teal was voted favorite among their folks. Uh oh. Sure enough, when my wife saw it I started getting strong hints. I'd been trying to come up with a design that involved John Deere Green and Yellow. Any ideas for an artfull scheme with "Johnny Popper" colors?

Back