What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inquiry Quality Glaas Work?

PerfTech

Well Known Member
?. Would anyone happen to know who builds the gear leg fairings for Vans?
The workmanship is very high quality, and we are in process of developing
some new things that would best be made of glass. Any help would be much
appreciated! Thanks all, Allan..:D

Are you being funny? My legs fiberglass was from Van's was old, but leg pant for your noise job was way higher quality the old vans stuff.

Do the van's pants now have a gel coat layer on them? I noted the new cowls do. Sure speeds of the prep time vs the old stuff. It seems like it just mater of the right mold and using a gel coat first.

Wow, things must have changed dramatically since I received my fiberglass from Vans. I was convinced that whoever Vans had making this for them was doing a poor job on purpose.

Are you being funny? My legs fiberglass was from Van's was old, but leg pant for your noise job was way higher quality the old vans stuff.

Do the van's pants now have a gel coat layer on them? I noted the new cowls do. Sure speeds of the prep time vs the old stuff. It seems like it just mater of the right mold and using a gel coat first.

?.No! I am referring to the gear leg fairings, not the pants. The glass work is very thin and light. This would be perfect for our new product. Thanks, Allan.:D

Wow, things must have changed dramatically since I received my fiberglass from Vans. I was convinced that whoever Vans had making this for them was doing a poor job on purpose.

They theory is that Vans does this to deter your thoughts of ever building a composite airplane. :)

Back