What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FL -14A visit?

kbalch

Well Known Member
I installed my rudder pedals today and am still undecided on which position to use. I?ve gone with the middle one and could always move it later if necessary, but would rather get it right from the start. Since my interior hasn?t arrived yet, I don?t have complete confidence in the middle position.

I was planning to hit the Sebring Expo this week to sit in the factory -14A, but just read that only the -12 will be there.

So, if anyone with a flying (or nearly so, with interior complete) -14A in central FL would be willing to let me sit in it for a few minutes, I?d greatly appreciate the opportunity.

:)

Ken:

Not in central Florida but my rudder pedals are in and we can put in enough of the interior (It's all here, not yet installed) for you to get sense if you want to drive up to Ponte Vedra. I might put you to work though...

Ken:

Not in central Florida but my rudder pedals are in and we can put in enough of the interior (It's all here, not yet installed) for you to get sense if you want to drive up to Ponte Vedra. I might put you to work though...

Thanks, Turner. I don't mind the work (it'd be fun!), but I just looked up how long that drive would be (~3 hours each way). Yikes.

If one of the JAX-area airports is convenient, I could possibly fly up one day next week. PM me - let's see if it's possible to coordinate a visit.

Ken, you don't need the interior to check where to set the pedals. What you need is the measurement (thickness) of the backrest cushion. With that measurement, you can stack up towels to simulate the cushion. Do the same for the bottom except stack them so you can see over the cowl...... your good to go.

When planning location of the pedal assembly, keep in mind that the pedal should move in an arc. The pedal should not be perpendicular to the floor, it should be pulled to you by about 3 inches from vertical, give or take. This does two things, the pedal pushes in the same arc as your foot for the first 3 inches. Second, it helps keep your feet off of the brakes.

Back