What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GMU-11 Installation (orientation ) questions.

sf260

Does anyone know if you can mount a GMU-11 "upside down?" ..if all other installation limits are respected?

Also -- if the yaw axis and pitch axis are fixed properly during installation (limits as per the manual) -- is there any limitation as to the roll axis of the unit when installed ? i.e. must it be installed level in roll if the connector is oriented either forward or aft?

I'm only repeating what I was told so take it for what's it's worth. I was told to mount it as level as possible for all 3 axis' , roll, pitch and yaw, not upside down and with the connector end facing forward. I asked how accurate must it be leveled and was told that a degree or two would be fine but make it as accurate as possible.

It cannot be upside down. The manual gives you some leeway in the exact level, but the connector needs to be forward, aft, left or right as exactly as possible.

From the G3X installation Manual

Level the GMU 11 to within 3.0? of the in-flight level cruise attitude.
Align the GMU 11?s forward direction to within 0.5? of the any of the 4 cardinal directions with relation between its connector and the nose of the aircraft.

(section 14.4)

Back