What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Data Systems Products

Graham

Hi

Can anybody who has install the FDS LC-40 or LC-50 Light Dimmers plse advise their experiences?

Also has anybody installed their GD-40 CO detector, or other CO detectors?

Thank You
Graham
New Zealand
RV6 , 90% finished, 10% completed.

I don't have one in my RV-7 but there are MANY of the LC-40 dimmer modules out there and I've heard nothing but good things. I can't say regarding the other items you mentioned.

Good stuff

Had the LC 40 in my first 7 and installed one in my new 7. They are very simple to install. The module is very small as well.

I've installed the LC-50 in customers aircraft and had no issues, easy to install and works as advertised. Good folks also.

Same here.

Used many of their products multiple times. it's nice to be able to install and forget. :)

Vic

RE: LC-40 Dimmer

I installed Flight Data Systems GT-50 clock and the LC-40 dimmer in my RV6. Don't have a lot of time in service with either but happy with both products.

In the LC-40 installation instructions, FDS recommends powering the dimmer from the NAV/Position lights on/off switch. In hindsight I wish I had payed closer attention to the FDS recommendation. I powered the LC-40 dimmer from a dedicated circuit breaker. When I have the dim pots set to full dim, one of my panel flood lights is completely dark but the other light is not fully dimmed and there is some residual light on the instrument panel. The only way to have everything dimmed completely is to pull the circuit breaker. I used different potentiometers than the ones that came with the LC-40 so that could also be a contributing factor. Typically you would not be using the lamp dimming function unless you were flying in a low light situation where you would also have the NAV/Position lights turned on. Following the FDS recommendation, would have free'd up a circuit breaker (or fuse), eliminated my issue with one panel flood light not fully dimming and minimally reduced electrical system power consumption.

Back