What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobe light system

I used em....works great! I have an RV7 and ordered the longer cables up front. I will look up the one I bought and reply later.

That is the one I used as well. Get longer the longer cables...

Can't beat the price!!!

Last edited:
+1 for Strobes-N-More

I have 3+ years in service and no problems and the price was right. You also end up with a spare lamp.

The one Brian and I used above has the same mount pattern and connector locations as the aviation models do and it has more power. I would not use the "red" version.

What do you guys think about these?? These are LED's and very small with no power pack

http://www.strobesnmore.com/strobes-n-more-e-series-hide-a-way-led-kit.html

Way too much RF with these, unfortunately, and there are also questions about how bright they really are. When they came out last year, I ordered one to see if it would work out. Attached to a 12v battery on the bench, I could hear a very loud chirp on my handheld com....from outside the steel hangar!

Strobe Systems

Just a thought on budget strobe systems, Through my work I found a large number of strobe power packs that had come out of scraped police car light bars. These were made by Whelen, are the same size as the dead aircraft one I took out, have the same plugs as the aircraft one and I got three of them for free. The one I installed in my four, is quieter on the radio and seems to work well. The big difference is the flashes are triple and alternating, just like a police car light bar. Free works for me though.

Joe Hine
C-FYTQ RV4

Well darn those were looking really good and at a great price. Thx for the heads up tho.

-David

Way too much RF with these, unfortunately, and there are also questions about how bright they really are. When they came out last year, I ordered one to see if it would work out. Attached to a 12v battery on the bench, I could hear a very loud chirp on my handheld com....from outside the steel hangar!

Back