What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Conversions Carb

avq

Have there been any successes (or failures) with the ACV-C05 38mm Aero Conversions carb for o-320s?

Any other non-certified options out there?

Aero carb

I have a 38 mm on my Lyc. o-290 powered Cassutt (for sale) and I could not be more satisfied with it other than I do have to lean aggressively on taxi because I should have ordered a 35 mm. On the 320 I think you should be fine. Also flies inverted with no problems.

Perry

Thanks Perry.

I have also been following the aerovee forums and many people seems to be having the problem of idling too rich. From what I read some of the needles where not machined precisely and some where able to tweak their needles to idle correctly. I am glad to hear to hear you are having a good experience with it. I will likely go with the 38mm.

My understanding is that the carb does not perform well with RAM air. How did you deal with routing the air supply?

Anton

aero carb

Anton,
I did try ram air and found it not so good. I have the filter that the Aero Carb people sell, with no outside air source, just what air that flows through the cowl to cool the engine. No air intake from outside cowl. Never had any ice peoblems, No carb heat box. I flew my last Cassutt with a Posa and no carb heat source for ten years, no ice peoblems. (engine C85-8 Continental) I have a picture if you are interested. Will need your e-mail address.

Perry

Back