What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

what to do with an extra hole in canopy?

tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
I did a bonehead thing while fitting and trimming my canopy, which resulted in an "extra" hole in the canopy. It is just above the canopy frame.

extraholeincanopyej1.jpg

It is possible that it will be covered by the skirt (I am building an 8). If not, I need to figure out how to fill it, or justify it.

Filling is preferable. Otherwise I will have to explain it as:

1. Lightning hole
2. Stop hole waiting for a crack (which I fear it might cause)
3. Air pressure relief hole (I could drill one like it on the other side)

Putting aside the humor of the option of explaining it, does anyone have any ideas how to deal with it? I can't be the only bonehead in the group who has done this.

covered by skirt

This will almost certainly be covered by the canopy skirt. I think you dodged a bullet!

OK

Tony

I just looked at mine and at that location my skirt is 1/4"-1/2" above the frame, so it should be covered.

If you don't see any cracks in the hole edges you should be OK. Just fill it with sealant of some kind. Just anothe one of those imperfections that only you know about. Oops, well you and everyone who read this. :)

Well

If the Skirt doesn't cover it, just put a pin stripe along the top of the skirt.
Robert Ruggles
CEO, Canopy Pin Stripe LLC
Surprise AZ

Back