What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Forward Prints

pilot28906

Well Known Member
I am planning on a Superior IO360 horizontal induction engine for my RV7 and am working on the firewall trying to make the holes and install plate nuts. I am working with the OP drawing from the firewall forward kit. My question is will the OP drawings work for this engine? I believe they do however has anyone had any trouble with the OP drawings for the Superior engine or can offer any advice or lessons learned?

Thanks in advance.

John

I'm doing the same thing

John,

That's the engine/airframe setup I have as well, and for the most part the OP drawings have worked well for me. I used the OP locations for throttle, mixture and prop cables with no problems.

A few things have required some tweaking, though, like the throttle cable bracket - Superior's cold-air sump has different mounting pads than the Lycoming sump so I had fabricate my own bracket out of 4130. I also had to tweak the mixture control bellcrank bracket a little to make it fit over the sump-to-case seam.

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me off-list if you'd like. There are a lot of pics on my building blog at this page - http://mightyrv.com/?p=3411 - that might help as well.

Dave

Last edited:
Back